Sunday, January 30, 2011

Disappointment

Very few people in the world can be described as happy-go-lucky. Life is not happy-go-lucky, at least that's true 80% of the time. You might call bs on that arbitrary figure, maybe rightfully so. But i just don't sometimes it's hard to see the beauty in life.

It's there, I believe that no matter what life throws at you, whether it is being fired from a job that you were beginning to love, you realize faults in your life where you don't meet the expectations of a loved one, or simply the day just didn't go your way, that it is beautiful and worth investing your whole self into.

Lately I've seen that personal success is not how you measure up to the world, it's how you measure up to your own abilities. I will never be disappointed in myself if I know that I am giving life everything that I can.

Opportunities to be successful that are given to us by other people, are not true invitations to be successful. I don't have anything to prove to the world but I have a mountain of expectations to live up to in myself. If I am trying to please other people I will be disappointed, but if I live up to my own expectations I'll far exceed any that people have for me.

No comments: