Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Dichotomy

It seems to me that there are an abundance of inconsistencies in everything. I, myself, never just have one thought on a subject, and sometimes my thoughts contradict themselves. I can have one thought one second and be set on that and then I'll think about another viewpoint and my concrete idea turns to quicksand.

It's not that I don't have a basis for what I believe it's that I see many sides to one issue. You can look at a picture and use a thousand words to describe it. You can take one concept and find six billion, plus, people who will have their own differing opinions on the subject.

This makes life complex, to say the least.

But it also makes it beautiful.

We may never know, outside of agreed upon measurements, what is true. We only know what we believe, and we all differ in our beliefs. No one sees the picture exactly the same way.

There is one thing that I believe is universal and that is that we need each other, we need relationships. We can work out our differences but we need those dichotomous views to thrive.

No comments: