Wednesday, February 2, 2011

worth fighting for

There are times when you're willing, even desiring, to get bruised and bloodied. The thought of losing something that you care about, something that you love, will drive you to do crazy things; like engaging in something we know will hurt us. We've all been there, we'll all be there.

It's not guaranteed that we'll win. We might fight and lose and get the snot, to term it politely, kicked off us in the process.

Why do we do it? The easy answer is because we know that if we don't the fight, what we give up will be worse than any pain we'll endure in the scuffle.

I know that if I don't fight for what I desire it's certain that I'll fail. If I do struggle, and believe me it'll definitely be a struggle, then I'll know that I tried. All I can do is try.

(In my cockiness, I feel like if I try I will succeed.)

No comments: